Monday, December 31, 2007

new years resolutions

can it possibly be 2008 and am i a total dork because writing "2007" just starting feeling natural a couple of months ago?? i find the whole new years resolution thing to be a unique phenomenon...that one day a year you would actually highlight your faults and plan to do better (dont the vast majority of people do this at least weekly, if not daily anyway??) all the while sharing your lofty goals and aspirations with anyone faining interest only to crash and burn around day 6 of the new year. i have not been immune to this and have finally decided that if i throw this on the blog in size 12 font for all the world (or all 8 of you that read) to see, maybe there would be some degree of accountability to really keep me on track. after a lot of reflection and thought, these are just a few things i think i may be able to manage to keep up with::

1. i will not gain more than 5 lbs in 2008. anymore than that better have a really great explanation like growing a child or a new interest in body building.
2. i will drink red wine exclusively for the health benefits to my heart.
3. i will not place any gap orders online after benefiting my heart.
4. i will take the stairs WITHOUT complaining when the elevator is not running as fast as my feet could.
5. i will not buy myself a pair of $100 running shoes as incentive to take the stairs more often.
6. i will not purchase any ice cream in mass quantities with the exception of hazelnut dream.
7. i will stop perusing the volvo dealership without patrick with me.
8. i will order something other than chicken pad thai every 4th time we go out for thai food.
9. i will stop answering my phone until i have had a cup of coffee (some of you are relieved, i know)
10. i will slow down when approaching a pedestrian crosswalk instead of speeding up, hoping to pass the intersection before peds get to the curb...its obnoxious and dangerous...i was never a crossing guard.

thats my quick list. if you have any to add, feel free. im just hoping i wont fail myself this year. happy new year to you and yours and may 2008 be a great one!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to hear from you. Email me at starbucks2470@hotmail.com so I have your address. Tyler

katie said...

hey tyler!! long time no updates...we still miss checking out your phantom blog. ill email you tonight.

Gourmama said...

Your blog is great - I have lurked for a while, but had to comment on your resolutions, espec. the one about wine. Love it!

katie said...

thanks for stopping by lulu! the wine is a big one...cant do too much for your heart. i think ill add "i wont start smoking this year" to the list, too. :)

Anonymous said...

katie! i miss you guys so much, when are you coming back here so i can schedule us for that delux pedi...i'm in need of one so badly! anyway, your resolutions smile and chuckle to myself because i can very much see you saying exactly what you typed! i stop by your blog religiously to check for updates...i have been neglecting my blog...call it bloger's guild strike by me, haha! really, i just haven't had the creative/writer bug bite me in a while. love you & miss you lots:)

ps i sent you an email a long time ago, did you get it? because i think i sent it to the wrong email address - your old email address the pksutherland one.