Monday, January 15, 2007

lucky me


birthdays are a huge event in my family, a time for celebrating the day when God let one of His very own join our clan. for years i've determined that a day is simply not long enough to celebrate some special people in my life. i have therefore created the birthweek. an entire week devoted to wishing someone good wishes for the next year. cheesy and somewhat pathetic, i know, but a true statement. so, what does all this really mean?? well, my better half, bestest friend, helpmate, provision, and greatest blessing just had a birthweek. i figured its a great time to just reflect on God's goodness for bringing one of His most wonderful creations into my life and let all of you who haven't figured it out yet (meaning you have yet to meet patrick) what a really amazing person he is. i am forever grateful that our paths were orchestrated to cross and that i am able to share my life with him. i am amazed at his selflessness, his unabashed desire to serve others and the way he loves me inspite of myself at times. yes, God is good all the time and all the time God is good. it is easy to celebrate patrick and he is one of the few people i know who could ask for a birthmonth celebration. he is deserving, but would never accept it...unless it involved unlimited access to texas a&m updates and shiner bock on tap.

No comments: