Friday, January 05, 2007

confession

okay, i am an adult. i am a wife. i am a mother. i am over 25 years old. not waaaay over, though. i have lived on my own since i graduated high school, (not implying i actually supported myself like so many of my friends), but i made my own bed (on days i thought there was a chance someone other than myself might actually see it). thats where this confession comes in. for the life of me, i cannot properly fold a fitted sheet. i went as far as to buy the issue of martha stewart's magazine that promised easy instructions, but quit reading after she mentioned using a folding table. who has a folding table?? another issue of real simple promised really simple instructions. right. i got as far as turning the corners inside out before crumpling the rest. i thought of asking my own mom, but as a person who irons her sheets, i decided she probably couldn't dumb it down enough for me to understand. when i buy new sheets (which is probably more often than the average soul...i love linens and have never missed a white sale) i slowly unfold the fitted sheet carefully inspecting the workmanship of the folder or the machine that stuffed it perfectly in that little plastic bag. still, without the piece of cardboard and sheet making plant worker, it always ends up the same. a crumpled mess, evidence of my frustration and lack of domesticity. is there any easy (easy is defined as not needing a folding table, piece of cardboard, iron or 20 minutes of my time) way of doing this or am i destined to always have bundles of fitted sheets piled, not neatly stacked in my linen closet?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're funny!

B

TAVA... said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I'm not alone! Yours looks likes a big, wadded up piece of bubble gum just like mine sitting right next to its crisp, perfectly folded sheet family... what the F?