Wednesday, June 10, 2009

hookers

let me assure you my next post will have nothing to do with the little people...it will most certainly be about my recent decision to pay to have my arse kicked on a regular basis....yes, i have in fact hired a personal trainer and have been unable to brush my teeth since our first workout. the perk is that it is also difficult to get the spoon full of dublin mudslide ice cream to my mouth as well.

however, as anxious as i am to share my riveting and painful gym experience with you, today i have to tell you the position i found myself in just a few short hours ago. three days ago, while playing with jack, georgia informed me that the plastic clips that hook toys on strollers, carseats and trays are in fact called, hookers. i found this pretty funny as any mother easily entertained by her 3 year old would but didnt think much more about it.

but, today, at the eye doctors (gold star for anyone who knows what theyre called AND can accurately spell it) georgia mentioned to the kind doc that her brother likes hookers. yep. AND that he shares them with her because (of course) hes a good sharer. sure, this is amusing. this is entertaining off the cuff at its finest, but she saved the best for last when she blurted out, 'yep, when i lay all the hookers out on the blanket, my brother loves playing with them.'

the doctor mentioned he thought he could finally retire as he had in fact finally heard everything. nice. thanks gk....the smiles never end and we are eternally grateful for every last one of them.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the laugh!! adorable picture!

Megan said...

She looks too cute in her pink glasses!

John and Amanda said...

too funny...

Rayna Mercer said...

awesome!

Natalie said...

OMG! Does she really wear little glasses now! And I thought she couldn't be cuter! I LOVE THEM! I'm a sucker for a girl in glasses :) And the hooker line - it just proves she's your daughter after all.

Camille said...

Katie...have I told you how much I really enjoy your blogs...thank you for the much needed laugh today!