Thursday, July 05, 2007

missing you

we spoke today and for the first time in a long time i felt like it was us. we had time without distractions (a precious and elusive thing) and the 14 hour time difference didnt derail our time together. i struggled to fit in every last detail from the significant (peach says lovebug and hungry now) to the mundane (my 7 inch bruise is almost gone) all the while trying to really hear you. i want to know everything and i know you must be tired of my never ending line of questioning. im sure you have probably figured out by now that it is simply my lame attempt to steal more of your time and make it ours.

its our time that i miss so desperately right now. the time that happens an hour after georgias asleep and the worries of your day are far enough behind you that you talk. and you laugh. and you begin to let me in. it is in those moments of conversation where our friendship is the strongest and i feel content and grateful for you, my best friend. its strange that i cant wait to talk to you and then am seemingly at a loss for words, somehow being robbed of all meaningful thoughts by the clock that keeps our calls brief. i hang up wondering if i really told you all that i had intended and more importantly if i heard all you had to share with me. i feel befuddled at best and just hope you know how much you are thought of and missed.

i am reminded daily of you in the way georgia lights up in the morning with her daddys eyes bright and optimistic. and in the evening when i put her down and we pray for you. that you know how much we love you, miss you and are proud to be yours. we are counting the wake ups until we see you again and thankful you are there ahead of us selflessly laying a strong foundation for our arrival. we will see you before you know it. until then, we are missing you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog through Lance's human. :-)

This post describes much of how I feel each time I get to talk to my husband. He's been gone since Jan. The connection is not great and the conversations are usually short due to my lack-of-sleep mommy brain. I think of a million things I want to tell him and by the time I actually get a phone call... each thought has escaped. (((Hugs))) to you!

katie said...

im sorry you understand. :) my hope is that you are on the home stretch of your time apart! hugs to you as well and enjoy your reunion.

Anonymous said...

My My it has been awhile since I have seen you. Your smile and kindness has been missed!!! I have wanted to check your blog for sometime to see how you are doing..this one just made my eyes well up with tears. Keep expressing yourself you do it so well and with such honesty!! Sisters in Christ, Andrea Biers