Saturday, February 24, 2007

goat


grace is not my middle name. it is not anywhere in my name. i have the gracefulness of a lame goat. so, imagine my delight when the crowning event of our staff development day was ice skating and i had no socks. i cant really explain the relief i was feeling, knowing that i would be spared a few moments of lumbering around like a lame goat on ice, except to say it was brief. no sooner had i admitted my lack of socks, therefore lack of ability to put on ice skates and fall in the presence of my friends and im certain retired olympic skaters from 1942 that were on the ice, that brandon (the mastermind and creative genius of all staff development days) took my keys and insisted on driving to the nearest store to purchase socks for the goat. he was back in a flash and the lame goat took her place on the ice. the following picture is a fairly good recap of how i spent my time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. This is too funny! You look like you guys were having lots of fun. At least the olympians had some afternoon entertainment!

Anonymous said...

Love these pics! I miss you so much! Your legs look super long in these pictures...granted that is coming from your shortest friend though... :)

I'll call soon...have had a sore throat the past several days and haven't been doing much of anything.
Ang

katie said...

hey ang,
get well soon and give davis a big hug from his favorite girl. we can't wait to see all 3 of you this summer!!