Friday, June 30, 2006

Our Trip to the Farm





Georgia and I have just returned from our 3 week trip to Missouri visiting her grandma and grandpa. We had a great time watching the calves play, discovering new kittens and watching the sunset from the sunroom. She had her first official swimming experience and loved the pool. She met her Aunt Marty and Uncle Stacey, and her Aunt Carrie and Uncle Kerry. Her cousins couldn't get enough of her and have renamed her Georgia Cake. While there we found out that my brother in law, Kerry, had a brain tumor and needed surgery immediately. The results of the surgery were beyond wonderful, with God answering all of our prayers. It is benign and he is home recovering with his family. The only improvement to our great trip other than the obvious, would have been if Pat could have been there, too. Daily, someone mentioned how they wished he could have joined us and georgia and I missed him lots. I am very blessed that he is so supportive of time with my family even when he can't get away from work. We had family drive down from Illinois for the weekend to visit as well. It was such a special time. Mom and I were able to take a girls trip to Lexington for the day and Dad spent an entire evening encouraging Georgia to perfect her roll over technique. I was also able to catch one of Jackson's baseball games. I am not biased when I say he is a really great player! I was so proud to see him playing so well and having such a great time doing it. His team is undefeated and if you talk to him for more than 30 seconds, he will let you know that as well. :) Now, if we can just make it down to Texas so she can meet the rest of her great family!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

pat and katie,
i'm too lame to read a lot, but I'm just saying hi...have no idea what i'm responding to.

mike

katie said...

no worries, mike er munch. we're just happy to see you dropping by. see you in a month!!